To make sure your vehicle always runs smoothly, it needs regular checkups. Getting your car serviced will help you check and effectively maintain your car’s critical systems. On the other hand, if you don’t get your vehicle repaired on time, you’ll start to notice a gradual decline in its performance. Fortunately, finding a reliable car service in Brisbane is not difficult anymore. Today, we’ll walk you through the benefits of regular car servicing and the different types of services available, which will allow you to find the best car service in Brisbane for your needs.
The Benefits of Servicing
There are multiple benefits to car servicing, like:
- Your car will maintain a better resale value.
- You’ll drive with an efficient engine and improved fuel efficiency.
- Regularly serviced vehicles are more reliable.
- Your car will have a more efficient braking system.
What Type of Service Do You Need?
Manufacturers create an ideal service schedule while designing any car model to warrant a safe and reliable operation. There are four main types of car services, including Interim, Full, Major, and Manufacturer Service. If you carefully read your car manufacturer’s guidebook, you will know what type of service you should go for and when.
You’ll need to confirm that the Brisbane Automotive service you’re opting for offers the required service. Here are some details about each type of service:
An interim service, also known as a basic service, generally includes:
- A visual inspection
- An engine oil change
- A filter change
- A checkup of all your car’s vital components
- Top up of essential fluids such as washer fluid, antifreeze, brake fluid, and steering fluid
An excellent car service centre will check your car’s brakes as well. They might also go through your car’s manufacturer guidelines and determine if your vehicle requires any further work.
Not every car service Brisbane may offer this. However, it is a good idea to inquire about these extra services.
A full car service Brisbane will usually consist of everything on the interim service list, plus 15-30 other different checks, depending on the car servicer you choose. They may offer further brake checks, a highly detailed engine inspection, shock absorber replacement, and more.
A Brisbane Automotive service for your vehicle will include full-service checkups and replacements. The additional components of this service comprise of the replacement of spark plugs and fuel filters.
A car service in Brisbane will also include manufacturer-recommended checkups. You should note that this won’t consist of any additional maintenance or repair work.
The manufacturer service is most extensive and costlier as well, out of all four. Here is the list of checks you’ll most likely come across in any car service in Brisbane:
- Inspection and top up of brake oil, antifreeze coolant, windscreen wash, and power steering fluid
- Inspection of wheel alignment, tire tread and pressure
- Check and replacement of oil and oil filter
- Comprehensive brake check
- Battery check
- Charging system check
- Steering, suspension, shock absorbers check
- Light check
- Exhaust check
- Windscreen wipers check
The Checking and Servicing Process
Typically, a full car service takes about 3 hours. The Brisbane Automotive service you choose will generally consist of the following steps:
- Testing and examining of all critical systems and parts
- Using diagnostic equipment to identify issues
- Test the engine and lubricate crucial components
- Carry out necessary maintenance and care routines
- Replace or repair faulty or worn parts
- Re-test and confirm the repairs are effective
We hope this helps when it comes time for your next car service in Brisbane.